Tuesday, September 22, 2009

News on the Donna Dewberry workshops in PA

Hi everyone! I just got off the phone with Donna, talking over the subject matter for our workshops here in Pennsylvania. She is leaving tomorrow morning for a thirteen day trip, and boy, was it busy in the background! The grandkids just got home from school. I have to laugh because my kids just got home also and I was "hiding" in a room with the door shut to make the call! :o)

So here's the scoop:

There are two all-day workshops, one in New Stanton and one in Cranberry TWP.

Each workshop will start off with a project done on canvas board. Tentatively those projects will be:
  • White Poinsietta
  • Winter Snow Scene
Then there will be a WaterStrokes greeting card project.

The afternoon will be consumed with Strokework.

The Strokework activity will be Donna teaching her patented strokes, breaking them each down. It is an opportunity to learn the building blocks of the One Stroke method, straight from their creator, in her own words. Each person will get ten sheets of bristol board to paint on. This class has gotten rave reviews at the other workshops. Painters have said it was worth more than the price of the whole day to have the strokes broken down and taught by Donna!

There are several people signed up for both days, and Donna said she will make the two Strokework classes different, so it will definitely be worth your while to go to both days. I myself am really looking forward to "re-learning" the strokes and from a teacher's point of view it will be an excellent opportunity to pick up some new teaching techniques! I am glad I am going both days because I don't want to miss any of it!

Each class is just over half-full, so there's still room! To sign up call Amanda Dewberry at 352-243-9206.

There is still room in the Crafty Wave class on Thursday, 11/19, also taught by Donna. E-mail me at danellesdesigns@hotmail.com to sign up.

That's it for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment